Madmen

my body strikes
picket circles and a war cry.
fantasy is a strong drink
never in short supply
my name is man
from this I've never sobered.


but strike I will,
the cost of some
      image, some
      wish, some
      sensation
      is far too much
you can't pay these bodies enough
to push aside the price.
angry men
       no,
       mad men
                 dictate the archives of fantasy
but my body strikes
no madman,
     violent, cold
              can stamp out the rebellion
it is simply a march
    toward better manhood
    simply
           men,
           no,
           better men
not wanting the faces of
      madmen
      anywhere near their fantasy
my body strikes,
      at endless war with madmen
      hoisting women
      trophies on pitchforks
                      I will not
                               and my body strikes.
                               so tomorrow fantasy can wipe its eyes
                               of muddied waters
                               stirred by the careless touch of madmen,

my body strikes,
tonight,
to know that my desire will have broken
the grip of ignorance by
morning.

              my body strikes
                           starves
                           abstains
  in the now, in order that
                          the next indulgence                 
   disregards, humors not
the world outside my lover.  

No comments:

Post a Comment